Dandruff has become one of the major scalp problems around the world. This problem is so common that everyone suffers from it at least once in his or her lifetime. What cause dandruff exactly, is a question, which has not been answered until now? Occurrence of dandruff is related to various diseases and ailments like psoriasis, eczema and bacterial and fungal infection. Apart from this, some people also think that dandruff also occurs due to unhygienic conditions like scalp and hairs are not cleaned properly. Several companies that manufacture cosmetic and personal hygiene products try to provide dandruff products claiming that they have the best dandruff treatment.
If you do not treat dandruff on time then it can become severe due to aggressiveness of cause. Mainly dandruff is cause by bacterial or fungal infection caused due to unclean hair and scalp. This bacteria may, when comes in contact with the sebum secreted by the root of hair, dandruff persists. It becomes aggressive in those people who have oily scalp or eat too much oily food. You can find several anti-dandruff shampoos and creams at the nearest drug store who claims to cure the dandruff with the first wash only.
As a user of these dandruff treatments, you should not be influenced by the advertisement and the promises they make because most of them are false. Hence, before buying any shampoo or dandruff treatment see that they have the following qualities:
1. It has antibacterial or anti-fungal properties: most of the time dandruff occurs due to bacterial or fungal infection hence it is important to get rid of the infection first before treating the dandruff. If the shampoo has anti-bacterial or anti-fungal properties, then treating the infection would be very easy. Try to have the treatments with neem or black pepper extracts as they have great anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
2. The treatment should not have harsh chemicals: to provide relief from the dandruff so, some of the so-called best dandruff shampoos use harsh chemicals or in extra amount to remove the dandruff with the first use only. However, they do not realize that repeated use of such shampoos can cause harm to the scalp and the hair making them dry, matted, and brittle. Some of the dandruff shampoos can also lead to allergies of the scalp making the problem worse. Try to have the herbal products, which have natural ingredients or go for the homemade remedies. These remedies are safe to use and do not cause any harm the scalp skin.
3. It should be moisturizing – dandruff treatment that leave the scalp and hair dry can make the dandruff problem worse. Therefore, you should only use those shampoos or the treatments, which have moisturizing properties.
The chemicals present in theses shampoos and creams are very harsh on the scalp skin. Their major task is the removal of the excessive sebum or the natural oil present on the scalp to reduce dandruff occurrence. This natural oil is essential for providing moisture to the hair and the scalp. If it will be removed fully from the scalp, hair will become prone to drying and matting. Moreover, these chemical based so-called best dandruff treatments do not get rid of dandruff permanently. It will work until you are using the shampoo and not afterwards.
Natural treatment or herbal products are the best suited for the treatment of the dandruff as they do not have any side effect or negative effect on hair or scalp. Cradle of Mother Nature is full of miraculous herbs, which human beings have been using since time immortal to make our lives better and sustainable. Here are some simple dandruff remedies, which can help you to get rid of this problem:
– Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with 3 table spoon of coconut oil. Apply this mixture onto the scalp 3 minutes before washing hair, and then wash it off with gentle protein shampoo.
– Aloe Vera gel is great in treating dandruff if applied on the scalp. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it off with shampoo.
Try to go for the homemade dandruff remedies as they are harmless to the scalp skin and hair. Keep your hair clean by washing them at least twice a week and regularly conditioning them.